Promoting Integrative Medicine in the Tri-Cities
We encourage you to start your Health Journey today!
Integrative Medicine is a healing oriented approach that encompasses the whole person in mind, body, and spirit including all aspects of lifestyle. It combines conventional medicine with evidence-based complementary and alternative approaches.
Principals of Integrative Medicine include:
- A Healing Relationship or partnership with a patient to develop the best treatment plan that fits individual needs
- Appropriate use of all healing modalities available in our area
- Use of natural and less invasive interventions whenever possible
- Consideration of resources and community
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative medicine uncritically
- Evidence based medicine balanced with openness to new paradigms
Combining the Best of Medicine
Western or Conventional Medicine, also known as allopathic medicine, is made up of a group of physicians and surgeons who attended medical schools and residency programs that taught medicine via the paradigm of physical examination, diagnostic testing, treatment by pharmaceuticals or surgery, and the emphasis of disease specific care. Most conventional physicians acknowledge the growing public awareness of alternative and complementary forms of medicine, and have begun to integrate these practices. Integrative medicine practitioners practice evidence-based medicine that treats the whole person in mind, body, and spirit. There is a strong emphasis on the prevention and reversal of disease processes through lifestyle changes.
Basic Foundations of Health Include:
- Appropriate Use of Supplements
- Regular Physical Activity
- Breathing and Stress Reduction
- Environmental Stewardship
- Family and Community Connections